Wednesday, December 08, 2004

15,000 FitPoints -- On to 30,000

I started working for the US Air Force, McChord AFB, WA on June 14, 2004. I started an exercise program about 2 months prior, while working for the US Army at Fort Lewis, WA.

When I started at McChord, I signed up for the FitLinxx program. The Air Force is a big user of FitLinxx. The program is available a only a few Army posts, so I was excited to get involved with something that would help me log my workouts and exercises.

You have to register to use FitLinxx on line. Once registered, one can log essentially any type of workout and earn "FitPoints". Awards are given for various FitPoint Levels:

15,000 = White
30, 000 = Yellow
50,000 = Red
75,000 = Brown
125,000 = Black
200,000 = Bronze
300,000 = Silver
400,000 = Gold
500,000 = Platinum

Today, I am sitting at a total 22,930 points. I have completed the White level and am on my way to the completing the Yellow level. The incentive award I received today for completing my White level was a Carabiner Key Ring. As one progress through, incentive awards, become more valuable.

This is a good incentive to strive for the Platinum level. This program allows one to make fitness a part of daily living.

Look into it. It is a good program, and easy to track progress.

The purpose of this blog will be to track that progress, but to also include additional Health related aspects of "My Personal Quest for Fitness".

Signing off for now!! Until next time, I'll see ya on the Blog! --drh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home